Sunday, January 28, 2007

worship

Today was a very draining Sunday but while I'm feeling tired and worn out I feel at the same time very satisfied in God's love. I sang on the worship team today which is something I don't usually do. Most Sundays I play behind the keyboard doing my best to play a style that I'm not gifted in. Its good though to do something that you're not great at because it keeps you humble, especially when you know that there are people listening who are better than you. Singing is different than playing the piano though because it calls up emotion, making it easy to worship God as its like I'm singing straight to Him. Harmonies truly are a gift from God, showing yet another display of how He creates beauty beyond the obvious human perception of beauty. We sang this song telling God that we are hungry for Him, that we need more of Him, asking Him to come and fill us with His Spirit. When I was singing these words this morning, they rang so true. I sang them from my heart and for the first time in a long time forgot that people could hear me over the speakers and I forgot that I might be critiqued. Our worship leader encouraged us to sing loudly, with energy and I found myself doing just that but it was for God, not to prove anything to anyone out in the audience. When you worship with your entire being its exhausting because God is so great and you can't even begin to acknowledge all that He is in just a few songs. I'm so thankful that He let me forget about myself and my pride and I'm so thankful that I'm tired now because I'm satisfied in His grace and that is all I need!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey! I am so glad that you are back blogging!

This is such an encouragement. I am so glad to see what God is doing in your life and continues to do!

And selfishly, I can't wait for you to be back in NE!!

sarah said...

Hey, Nikki - I have been hearing rumors about this move of yours and I'm glad to see it confirmed. You;ve spent all your grown-up years somewhere else, so I'm looking forward to getting to know you all over again! :)
God is obviously doing wonderful things in your life. Praise Him that you're learning to so much about Him and about trusting His leading.
Love from Jay and Sarah

Nikki said...

Thank you all for your encouragement. I look forward to God's leading over the next few months, where His perfect place for me is on the East side...I would covet any of your prayers!